Thursday, October 12, 2006

On Assignment, Kind Of



It's been a big news month, to say the least.

Yesterday was no exception. When I heard that a small plane had crashed into a building in the Upper East Side, a fellow Spectator photographer and I grabbed our gear and rushed out the door into the pouring rain.

For the most part, massive amounts of water and cameras do not mix well, and thus my photos all turned out to be fairly blurry/waterlogged (I was initially really worried that water had even managed to get into my camera and mess with the sensor, but all appears to be back to normal now). Anyway, while none of my photos of the building on E. 72nd Street turned out particularly well, I liked this one salvageable shot of various media outlets gathered on 74th Street trying to find a line of sight to the building's 30th floor.

No comments: