Saturday, June 30, 2007
Tuesday, June 19, 2007
Monday, June 18, 2007
Sunday, June 10, 2007
I am some combination of amused, horrified, and disturbed that the photographer who so thoroughly captured a bawling Paris Hilton as she was carted back to jail two days ago took the above photograph of a naked Vietnamese girl running away from a napalm blast exactly 35 years prior.
Saturday, June 09, 2007
I first fell in love with shipping containers as an architectural medium when I saw Shigeru Ban's Nomadic Museum for the Ashes and Snow exhibit in Santa Monica, and I think these Container Cities are just fantastic. Modular and pre-fabricated -- maybe New Orleans residents should look into buying some...
Thursday, June 07, 2007
Tuesday, June 05, 2007
To anyone who reads this blog using an RSS feed, you might want to remove The One Train for a day or two. I'm in the process of migrating my entire DSVR server and will probably need to edit around ~150 blog posts, which are all going to come up in your readers...
1. A collaborative group project called This Day in Type invites readers to illustrate a date and send in their images.
2. British graffiti artist Banksy put a video of himself installing his art throughout the Met up on his website. Amazing!
3. Well I know where I'm buying cooking ingredients from now on...
4. The ultimate Logo Design Guide has hundreds of links to typography sites, color matching directories, and logo libraries.
5. A blog, very succinctly entitled Passive-aggressive Notes From Roommates, Neighbors, Coworkers and Strangers, posts just that.